Buying a mattress today is totally different from how it used to be. Instead of dressing up, getting in the car and driving to the mattress store and trying out various mattresses, you can simply buy a mattress online. Luckily, this has done wonders for the pricing of mattresses because you don’t have to pay for that expensive showroom anymore. Now, all you need to do is take a look at the room you’ll place the mattress in and make sure that there’s enough space for you to move around in.
What About Trying a Mattress Before Buying It?
People might tell you that you should never buy a mattress without sleeping on it beforehand. While this may still be true for brick-and-mortar mattress stores, buying online is an entirely different affair. The very best mattress makers, such as Nectar or Casper, offer incredibly generous trial periods, ranging between months and years, depending on the brand.
This means you can try the mattress out for hundreds of nights before deciding that you want to keep the mattress. Compared to the 10 minutes, at most, that you would have given each mattress at the store, you’re making a far-more informed decision compared to someone not buying their mattress online.
Important: Plan Your Spacing Before Choosing!
Before deciding which mattress size would be the best choice for you, you should take into account how much space you have available for it in your room. Ideally, you should also know whether you’ll be using an additional base, such as a spring box. In terms of space, make sure you have enough space to move comfortably in your room. A larger bed may be fun, but it must also be practical.
How Much Does the Casper Mattress Cost?
- Twin Mattress – A twin Casper mattress with dimensions of 38” x 75 x 12″ and a weight of 6 lbs costs $595.
- Twin XL Mattress – The twin XL offers some extra-precious sleeping real estate thanks to its 38″ x 80″ x 12″ dimensions. The Twin XL weighs 59 lbs and costs $645.
- Full Mattress – A full-sized Casper mattress with dimensions of 53” x 75” x 12” and a weight of 73 lbs will set you back $895.
- Queen Mattress – A queen-sized Casper mattress, which is probably the most popular size of them all, comes in at dimensions of 60” x 80” x 12” and weighs 85 lbs. It costs $1,095.
- King Mattress – A king Casper mattress has dimensions of 76” x 80” x 12” and weighs 104 lbs. It costs $1,295.
- California King – This slightly alternative variation of a king mattress comes in at dimensions of 72” x 84” x 12” and a weight of 103 lbs. It costs the same as the standard king mattress, coming in at $1,295.
How Are Casper Mattress Prices So Low?
When you are operating a fully-stacked brick-and-mortar store, you have to raise prices in order to pay for the rent, employees, logistics personnel, electricity bills, and other various taxes. There’s simply no way around it. By moving online, mattress companies, including Casper, were able to drastically drop the pricing of their mattresses in order to make more compelling offers.
The move online also meant that shipping must be addressed differently, ushering in the era of a ‘mattress in a box’. Instead of having you strap a mattress to the roof of your car, it is pre-compressed and placed tightly in a box that will be shipped to you. However, once the mattress arrives, you’ll need to give it a bit of time to decompress and regain its full size. Different brands offer different decompression times, but Casper is known to be one of the quickest, allowing you to start sleeping on the mattress in as little as minutes from the moment you began the decompression process.