The Nectar mattress is one of today’s most popular mattresses you can buy online and is highly-ranked for its extensive support, a good level of firmness, and of course, its lifetime warranty and 1-year trial periods. But things aren’t so simple, because after all, not everyone sleeps in the same positions. When you’re buying a mattress, you want to be confident that it fits your sleeping habits, as well as your favorite positions to sleep in, otherwise, you may experience back pain. Today, we’re going to find out if the Nectar mattress is as good for side sleepers as it is for other positions.
Are You a Side Sleeper? That’s Great News for You!
Side sleepers don’t always get the attention they deserve. After all, about 3 out of every 4 sleepers prefer the side sleeping position to all others, making it a silent majority. But it’s about more than just numbers. As it turns out, doctors, sleep specialists, and chiropractors recommend side-sleeping as a way to treat many symptoms, including snoring, sleep apnea, as well as some forms of back or joint pain, depending on the specific location of your body.
Even more importantly, it turns out that sleeping on your side helps alleviate many problems and boosts your body’s functions, even your brain power!
– People suffering from gastrointestinal issues, such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, lazy bowel syndrome, bowel inflammation, or other conditions benefit from sleeping on their left side.
– Side sleeping reduces heartburn.
– Side sleeping boosts brain function by reducing the amount of waste found in the brain’s interstitial regions. It also reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, as well as other neurodegenerative illnesses.
In short, you’re doing a lot of good things for yourself if you sleep on the side. The problems start occurring when your mattress isn’t designed to offer support in these positions, essentially stopping all the health benefits associated with side sleeping and even creating new hazards you should definitely be concerned about.
Is the Nectar Mattress Good for Side Sleepers?
We could go on complimenting you for your healthy choice is sleeping positions, but that’s only half of the equation. First and foremost, you’ll need to choose the right mattress size for your needs. You also need the right mattress to support your body correctly if you want to reap all those healthy benefits mentioned above. We’ll now detail some of the features you should look for as a side sleeper and later check whether the Nectar mattress is the right choice for you.
– Thick Core Support Layer – Mattresses, especially those of higher quality, are composed of a number of layers. Since side sleepers create more tension and pressure on the mattress because there are fewer points of contact and pressure along the mattress, you’ll need a thick support layer at the core of the mattress that can handle the load over time. Importantly, this layer needs a properly-tuned level of support, rated in units of PCF (pounds per cubic foot).
The Nectar Mattress has a 5.75-inch Support Core with a support level rated at 1.7 PCF. This is great for side sleepers, offering increased support from the core of the mattress that extends upwards through all other layers of the mattress.
– Includes Memory Foam – Memory foam is one of the ways in which your mattress becomes attuned to your body and sleeping habits. As you sleep, the heat and pressure created by your body alter the foam’s physical properties, allowing it to change its shape and firmness in order to offer support and comfort unique to you.
The Nectar mattress has 2 memory foam layers that together offer ideal support for side sleepers. The Adaptive Memory Foam layer matches your body’s contour a 1.8 PCF rating, while the Gel Memory Foam adjusts to more subtle points of pressure along your body with a PCF rating of 2.8.
– Made from Non-Hazardous Materials – This might surprise you, but hazardous materials are often found in many mattresses still being used today. These harmful materials can cause a wide range of health issues, including respiratory conditions, allergic reactions, and even cancer. These materials include ozone-depleting compounds, toxic flame retardants, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and regulated phthalates. While this doesn’t directly relate to side sleepers, this is a very important issue for all sleepers, regardless of their favorite sleeping position. After all, a good night’s sleep is dwarfed by the potential deadly harm caused by the materials listed above.
The Nectar mattress is certified by CertiPur-US, so it has been tested and verified in a lab setting. This means you can sleep easy knowing that your mattress does not include any of the harmful materials mentioned above.
– Allows You to Replace the Mattress – Since side sleepers create more pressure on the mattress due to the fewer points of contact between your body and the mattress, the mattress may become damaged after less time when compared to other sleeping positions, such as sleeping on your back. That means that as a side sleeper, you should aim for a mattress that’s confident enough to offer extended warranty periods that give you this freedom.
The Nectar mattress offers lifetime warranty. That means you can always replace the mattress if it starts losing support in key areas. Nectar lets you replace the mattress for free during the first 10 years of ownership while doing so at a later time costs an additional shipping fee. This shows that Nectar is very confident in their ability to serve you for a very long time.
For a more detailed look into the composition of the Nectar mattress, be sure to check out the full Nectar review!
The Bottom Line: Nectar Is Great for Side Sleepers
As you can above in detail, the Nectar mattress offers a lot of features that side sleepers can benefit greatly from. This includes its Core Support layer, the multi-layered memory foam composition, as well as a generous warranty program. On top of it all, it’s certifiably made from non-hazardous materials, so you’ll be avoiding many health risks that your old mattress might be causing you.