These days,is the only sensible way to go, and Nectar is leading the way. The Nectar mattress is a hugely-popular mixed foam mattress that offers you the support and comfort you need for a truly peaceful good night’s sleep. Coupled with a generous trial period and Nectar’s Forever Warranty, you’re also guaranteed to be satisfied with this clever mixture of various foams that create the ultimate sleeping experience. Is this the available today? Let’s find out if this high-end mattress is right for you!
Nectar King Mattress Composition
Before we dive into the rest of the review, it’s best we get a few technicalities out of the way and give you the basics you need to know in order to make an informed purchase. The Nectar king mattress is 11 inches in height and gets its distinct comfort thanks to a clever mix of 4 different layers of foam, each providing a different level of support to eliminate back pain. When these 4 layers are combined, the Nectar mattress achieves one of the most comfortable sleeping experiences we’ve encountered in recent years. Here are the mattresses layers:
- Support Core – Made of a breathable polyfoam with a thickness of 5.75 inches and a support level of 1.7 PCF (pounds per cubic foot) to give you firm yet gentle support.
- Adaptive Memory Foam – Over time, this layer will make the Nectar mattress distinctly yours, matching your body’s contour and accommodating your most preferred sleeping positions. This 1.5 inch and 1.8 PCF layer is highly unique among direct-to-consumer mattresses and delivers excellent support. Find out more about memory foam.
- Gel Memory Foam – This 3-inch 2.8 PCF layer increases the mattress’s adaptability to your needs by allowing the mattress to respond to more subtle changes in pressure that occur as a result of your sleeping position.
- Fully-Quilted Cooling Gel Memory Foam – This layer keeps maintains a comfortable cool temperature during the night and also adapts to your body shape and preferred sleeping position.
- Breathable Tencel Mattress Cover – The Nectar’s 4 layers are topped with a cozy mattress cover that complements the lower layer of cooling gel memory foam without taking away any of its coolness or comfort.
Importantly, the Nectar King Mattress is composed entirely of certified CertiPur materials, ensuring the following health and safety measures:
- No ozone depleting materials
- No use of toxic flame retardants
- No mercury and other harmful heavy metals
- No formaldehyde
- No use of phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Nectar King Mattress Firmness
The Nectar mattress is available in one firmness level meant to accommodate all sleepers. The mattress’s firmness is rated as a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least firm 10 being the highest level of firmness. Generally, this level of firmness would be considered medium to firm and is the recommended firmness level for the most common sleeping positions, although other mattress manufacturers may offer more firmness levels. At the same time, remember that if you have a preference for very soft mattresses, the Nectar may be less to your liking. Luckily, you have plenty of time to test the mattress as part of Nectar’s pro-consumer extended trial periods.
Sleeping on the Nectar King Mattress
This is a high-end mattress that offers great comfort at a low cost. This is one of the best foam mattresses available, so you can expect great motion isolation all over the bed. While foam beds are known to run hot during warm nights, the Nectar solves this with the high-grade cooling gel layer, making it far cooler than most foam mattresses. If you’re suffering from any discomfort in your back or spine, you’ll be happy to know that Nectar’s careful construction of the 4 layers has resulted in a consistent and healthy level of support throughout the mattress. Importantly, the memory foam layers match your body’s shape and heat, altering its contour to provide you with excellent pressure uniformity and immediate pain relief.
Nectar King Mattress Shipping and Unboxing
Prior to shipping directly to your doorstep, the Nectar King mattress is compressed, sealed in plastic, and placed in a tight box delivered by FedEx Ground services. Generally, you can expect your mattress to arrive within 1-5 days. Currently, shipping is only available within the continental United States. If you are located in Alaska or Hawaii, you’ll need to pay an additional freight fee. Once the package arrives, you’ll unbox and unroll the mattress to allow the mattress to begin decompressing. It usually takes less than a day for the mattress to fully decompress and expand to its real size. However, keep in mind that lower temperatures may slow this process down. Other than that, there is no assembly required. Simply place the mattress on your base and enjoy your good night’s sleep.
Nectar’s Trial Period
One of the less liked aspects of buying mattresses online is the fact that you don’t get to try the mattress prior to making the purchase. However, Nectar makes a great offer with its King-sized matt, giving you a full 365-day trial period to make up your mind. If you are unsatisfied with the mattress for any reason, let Nectar know and they’ll come to pick it up for free and refund your purchase.
Nectar offers Forever Warranty on the mattress. In essence, this is a lifetime warranty, but there a few things to know. For the first 10 years, you can replace the mattress at no extra cost. Doing so after the first 10 years will include a $100 fee for transportation unless it was deemed defective.
- If you prefer white glove delivery, you can have it for an additional $149, including the set-up and unboxing of the mattress.
- The removal of your old mattress will cost an additional $20.
Final Score: 9.3/10
The Nectar King Mattress is one of the most practical choices today for sleepers who prefer a slightly firm level support. It is, without a doubt, a high-end mattress made from the best types of foams available. The foams are layered in a way that boosts comfort and pain relief, making it one of the best memory foam mattresses today. It is especially attractive thanks to its low price-point, extended 1-year trial period and lifetime warranty.